Travel Insurance Help

This insurance is underwritten by Travel Insurance Facilities and insured by Union Reiseversicherung AG (URV)
No, you are free to travel as and when you wish, within the dates of the annual policy and subject to the maximum number of days within the policy wording. There is no requirement to contact us unless you feel we can be of assistance with your journey or unless you need to declare medical conditions.
Yes, please select from 17, 31 or 45 days any one trip.

The highest sum insured for cancellation is provided under our Gold cover.

If the standard sum insured provided under our Gold cover is not enough, please select a higher limit from the dropdown list.

Cancellation cover commences immediately after the travel insurance policy has been accepted and the relevant premium paid and ends upon your departure from the UK.
A refund of the premium can be allowed only within the first 14 days of the policy being taken out, or before your travel (whichever is sooner) if the policy does not meet your requirements. You cannot cancel your travel insurance and receive a refund of premium after the 14 days or if you travel.
We can extend an individual trip policy providing you let us know before your policy expires and at the time of requesting the extension you are not intending to make a claim. Policies can be extended on a weekly or monthly basis. Many of our clients have found this feature useful when they have been travelling abroad 'backpacking' and decided to stay a little longer. 
A family is the parents (up to a maximum of two adults) and their children under 18 or under 24 and in full time education. Cover for families shall apply where the appropriate premium has been paid. Both adults and children insured on an annual multi-trip policy are entitled to travel independently of each other. 
Yes, but not on a 'family' travel insurance cover basis, they would be treated as individuals.

From 16th March 2020, there is no cover under this policy for:

  • Cancellation, abandonment or curtailment claims if the Foreign and Commonwealth Office (FCO) advises you not to travel, for example where the FCO advise against all but essential travel to an area affected by Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARS-COV-2) or any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2.
  • Any claims as a result of Coronavirus, COVID-19, Severe Acute Respiratory Syndrome (SARSCOV-2), any mutation of Coronavirus, COVID-19 or SARs-COV-2 or any pandemic or fear or threat of any the above. Except for the Emergency Medical Expenses section. This will only apply if you did not travel against the published advice of the FCO, any local government, local authority or WHO.
    Area 1 - United Kingdom (England, Scotland, Wales and Northern Ireland).
    Area 2 - Europe west of the Ural Mountains plus all countries with a Mediterranean coastline excluding Libya, Lebanon and Israel.
    Area 3 - Worldwide excluding the USA, Canada, the Caribbean and Bermuda.
    Area 4 - Worldwide including the USA, Canada, the Caribbean and Bermuda.
    Trips within your home country of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man are included providing a minimum of 2 nights are spent in paid accommodation.
    Trips within your home country of the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or Isle of Man are included providing a minimum of 2 nights are spent in paid accommodation
    We offer travel insurance cover either with or without USA. Just select the appropriate destination on the quote screen.
    Items are only covered in certain circumstances - please refer to the policy wording. In any event money, cash and valuables are not covered by your travel insurance whilst in an unattended motor vehicle.
    Who qualifies as a UK resident? All persons must be resident in the United Kingdom, Channel Islands or the Isle of Man and registered with a medical practitioner in one of these areas, being the one in which you permanently reside.
    Our policies include emergency medical expenses cover for pregnancy and childbirth from week 0 to week 28 inclusive whilst you are away. From the start of week 29 to week 40 of the pregnancy, there is no cover for claims relating to normal pregnancy and normal childbirth or cancellation, however, medical expenses and cancellation cover will be provided if any of the following complications arise: Toxaemia, Gestational hypertension, Ectopic pregnancy, Post-partum haemorrhage, Pre-eclampsia, Molar pregnancy or hydatidiform mole, Retained placenta membrane,Placental abruption, Hyperemesis gravidarum, Placenta praevia, Stillbirth, Miscarriage, Emergency Caesarean, A termination needed for medical reasons, Premature birth more than 12 weeks ( or 16 weeks if you know you are having more than one baby) before the expected delivery date. Please note we will not cover denial of boarding by your carrier so you should check that you will be able to travel with the carrier/airline in advance. It is essential, if at the time of booking your trip you are aware that you are pregnant, that you ensure that you are able to have the required vaccinations for that_ trip; no cover will be provided for cancellation in the event that, after booking you discover travel is advised against, or you are unable to receive the appropriate and required vaccinations for that country.
    Yes, we are able to cover pre-existing medical conditions under our travel insurance policies without an additional premium loading. Please refer to the policy wording for full details. However, some conditions may be excluded or require payment of an additional premium. If you have a medical condition for which you require cover we will need to discuss this with you so please telephone our Healthcheck phoneline.
    Any health/medical condition that has existed, been diagnosed, treated, known about or which has been or is currently under investigation prior to the start date of the policy. You must declare medical conditions to us as you arrange your cover or if the conditions develop or worsen prior to departure, by contacting the Healthcheck phoneline.
    Yes refer to “get a quote” at the top of the page & select “long stay”.
    17, 31 or 45 days per trip depending on the cover you select.
    As soon as you issue and for travel completed within 1 year.
    Yes, provided that there is someone with you at all times.
    Yes, up to 17 days per annum, on payment of the additional premium.
    If you select the winter sports option, ski equipment is insured. This is defined as your skis, poles, boots, bindings or snowboards. Our annual travel insurance includes winter sports automatically at no extra premium. 
    Yes, up to 500cc subject to payment of an additional premium.
    Yes the following are all excluded: Canyoning, Hang Gliding, High Diving, Micro Lighting, Parasailing, Rock Climbing/Scrambling, Boxing, Caving, Hunting/Shooting, Martial Arts (Competition) Motor Racing (all types) Mountaineering, Polo, Potholing, Weight Lifting.
    Sailing is covered provided that it is within territorial waters (15 miles off shore).
    We cover scuba diving up to 30m (100ft). Please ensure that you take your travel insurance schedule with you when you travel, as some countries will not allow you to dive without proof of insurance cover.
    The policy provides cover for a wide range of sports & activities all are detailed in the policy wording and under extensions sports and activities and you will see these on the website when you choose the Sports & Activities option on page 1.
    If it is a small claim for medicines or minor treatment, you should pay and claim. Larger claims can be billed direct to the insurer, subject to you contacting the emergency contact number at the time of the emergency and payment of the policy excess if applicable. If your condition is serious, exceeds £500 in value or requires in patient treatment, you should contact the 24hr Medical Emergency Service - details are contained in the policy document.
    We recommend that you and anyone travelling with you to Europe obtain an EHIC form from your local Post Office before travelling, together with the Advice to Travellers booklet. We will not deduct the excess from medical claims where your claim is reduced because of the use of an EHIC form or any other reciprocal health arrangement.
    In the event of loss or theft of personal possessions and money you must report the incident to the relevant police authority within 24hrs and obtain a copy of their report. If the incident occurred in your accommodation/grounds, the matter must also be reported to the Hotel/Tour rep. In the case of losses involving the carrier, a property irregularity report must be obtained.
    As soon as the 2nd birthday (trip must be completed before to qualify as free).
    For families the child age is under 18 or if in full time education under 24
    79 for Single Trip insurance, 69 inclusive for Annual Multi-Trip and 64 inclusive for Long Stay.
    Cruise holidays are covered by our travel insurance. Cover is not provided for persons working aboard a cruise ship, or part of the crew.
    Yes, but all cover ceases as soon as you pass Immigration Control at your final destination. In respect of Curtailment cover, you will be returned to the UK or your final destination, whichever is closer.